Christmas in July
Miss Home for the Holidays in December? Don't worry! Christmas in July is here!
The shelter offers a foster to adopt program twice a year. The first begins in late June (Christmas in July) and the second begins in late November (Home for the Holidays).
- To participate a Foster Application will need to be completed. This can be done at the shelter or online at DMCASF.org.
- The application will be reviewed by an Adoption Coordinator. This can take up to 24 hours.
- You will receive a call regarding the status of your Foster Application. An Adoption Coordinator will let you know if your application is approved/pending/denied. If your application is pending the Adoption Coordinator will let you know the next actions needed to move your application to an approved status.
- There is no fee to start fostering a pet.
- As a foster you will take a pet home for a designated time; usually several weeks.
- If the pet is a good fit, you will come in to finalize the adoption at a reduced rate. If not, you can simply return the pet as there is no obligation to adopt. An Adoption Coordinator will walk you through the finalization process. You will receive a copy of the adoption contract, medical history, proof of rabies vaccination, and a small bag of food. The Adoption Coordinator will ask you for an adoption picture to share on social media.