We Are Thankful For You
We are so thankful for support from our wonderful community! We could not do what we do to support the homeless animals of Decatur and Macon County without your support. When a donation is made to the Decatur and Macon County Animal Shelter Foundation (DMCASF), be assured that the donation is being used to provide for care and treatment of the animals held at the Macon County Animal Control and Care Center.
The Decatur and Macon County Animal Shelter Foundation is a 501 (c )(3)
This means that the DMCASF is organized as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. Charitable donations can be used to fulfill the mission of the DMCASF, rather than paying a significant portion of tax to the Internal Revenue Service. Due to the nonprofit, tax-exempt designation, charitable donations made to the DMCASF are generally tax deductible by the individual donor if the individual donor itemizes deductions on their individual income tax return. Corporate donors are also able to receive a tax deduction. Estates can make a specific bequest to the DMCASF. Trusts with charitable provisions are also eligible to receive a charitable deductions.
The Decatur and Macon County Animal Shelter Foundation is not the same as Macon County Animal Control and Care Center. Macon County Animal Control and Care Center is a municipal facility under the direct supervision of the Macon County Sherriff’s Office. Making a charitable contribution to the Decatur and Macon County Animal Shelter Foundation ensures that your dollars go to the following:
- Adoption assistance, including adoption specials, free veteran adoptions, and reduced adoption fees for senior citizens
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program
- Trap/Neuter/Spay/Release Program to reduce the number of stray cats in the community and provide rabies vaccinations among the stray cat population
- Special medical expenses for shelter animals, including surgery, heartworm treatment, and feline leukemia testing
- Community Education through the PUPS program
- Kongs, treats, leashes, collars, blankets, and toys- all things that shelter pets need to be cozy and comfy during their stay at the animal shelter
- Shelter improvements and upkeep, both indoor and outdoor, such as dog pools, dog run upkeep, shade huts, playground equipment, cat colony equipment
- Special medical equipment
When making a charitable contribution, be sure that if you intend for the contribution to be for the Decatur and Macon County Animal Shelter Foundation, that wills, trust documents, memorial designations, honor designations and checks all specifically state “Decatur and Macon County Animal Shelter Foundation. “
There are many ways to donate to the Decatur and Macon County Animal Shelter Foundation:
- Donate your time! The shelter animals always love extra attention!
- Make a non-cash charitable contribution of items such as towels, blankets, leashes, collars, and toys.
- Make a monetary donation via cash or check mailed to PO Box 633, Decatur, IL 62523. Donations can also be made via PayPal. Visit our secure website to make a donation! DMCASF PayPal Donations
- When shopping at Amazon, use AmazonSmile. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate .5% of the purchase price of eligible products when you select our code. DMCASF AmazonSmile
- The DMCASF has a Wish List already setup on Amazon too! See Our Wish List
Tax and/or Estate Planning Strategies
Gifts of stock to the Foundation can be part of your tax and/or estate planning strategy. Gifts of stock may be transferred in kind to the DMCASF.
If you are already taking Required Minimum Distributions (RMD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), you can gift some or all of the RMD to the DMCASF via a direct transfer. You will not pay tax on the amount of the distribution you took that is designated as a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD).
Contact Michelle O’Bryan, Treasurer (email@example.com) with any questions regarding gifts of stock or qualified charitable distributions from your IRA. We will work with you, your financial advisor, or account custodian to accomplish a proper transfer!
Remember the Decatur and Macon County Animal Shelter Foundation in your Will or Trust document. We will work with you to find a specific designation for the funds so you know that you are leaving a legacy to care for homeless animals in Decatur and Macon County.
Thank you for supporting the Decatur and Macon County Animal Shelter Foundation. The animals give you a “Woof” and a “Meow” to thank you too!